Sunday, February 7, 2010

two scotches

Went to McCoys last night. Delicious food with Yuki's brother's family. I think I'm going to turn this into a scotch post, though.

I tried two, the Glenmorangie 10, and the Cragganmore.

I had the Cragganmore with dinner, because it's a more full-bodied, punchy variety. The last couple of times I've had it, it hasn't really wowed me. But it's been a few years, so I thought I'd give it a chance.

Cragganmore 12
The color: amber
The nose: Floral and medicinal.
The body: Thin, not really syrupy. Spicy at the end.
Big and peppery, woody without much smoke. And spice. Undernotes of floral and citrus.
It's a complex malt that I'm not overly fond of.

I waited until after dinner with the Glenmorangie, because I knew it had sweeter, more delicate notes. More of a mild dessert scotch.

Glenmorangie 10
The color: pale yellow
The nose: fruity and hints of cinnamon and toasted marshmallows.
The body: syrupy and smooth.
Mild and sustained, like brown sugar and vanilla. Creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment