Sunday, July 4, 2010

Cafe Augusta

Café Augusta
Yuki and I went to hear a good friend sing at Café Augusta on Friday night. I'd been hearing good things about their lunch selections at work, and Yuki had been wanting to go, too. It was busy-to-crowded when we showed up, but we didn't have any trouble getting a table. At first, the service was good. The menu looked great. Anyplace that has Lagavulin on the menu is off to a good start in my book.

As I looked over the menu, I didn't really see anything that would match a smoky, peaty scotch. So I went with a vodka martini instead. Amazing dinner. I had the chicken piccata and rice pilaf.

The service was bad. Slow. Our girl seemed to be more interested in running credit cards through the machine and collecting her tips than paying attention to her future tips. It got so bad that I had to pop into the kitchen to get a plate, while our server was nowhere to be found (which was actually a cool experience). The dessert seemed pre-made and frozen.

We'll be back for the food, but probably for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment